So today I figured I would share with you a special treat that I made this weekend for TJ and I. If you know me, you would know that I LOVE avocado and I love egg rolls So what better idea than to put them together and make avocado egg rolls?! Yumm…right?
1 cup of vegetable oil
3 ripe avocados
1/4 cup of diced red onion
fresh cilantro leaves
juice of 1 lime
salt & paper for taste
1 package of egg roll wrappers
sour cream for dipping
Bean Salsa (optional)
1 red pepper
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Prepare your tomatoes, red onion and avocados by dicing them into small pieces.
If you choose to make the bean salsa as well, you would chop up one red pepper and add that to your corn and bean mixture.
3. In your medium bowl combine the diced avocado, tomatoes, red onion and some cilantro. Here you will add some salt and pepper (amount is your preference) and add some fresh lime juice to your mixture
PS; Depending on how you like your egg rolls, you could always include corn or red peppers here instead of serving it as a salsa. This would provide more flavor and fullness to your roll!
5. Open up your egg roll wrappers and lay them flat as you fill the inside with your avocado mixture. The key here it make sure to wet the edges of your wrapper with water to make the edges stick together when folding them together.
Working one at a time, place your mixture in the center of each wrapper. Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly over the filing, folding in the edges.
6. Working in batches add the egg rolls in the preheated pain with your vegetable oil. You will fry each side for around 3 minutes. Make sure to monitor for burning.
Once cooked, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to let them cool down.
7. When the rolls are cooled down you will transfer them to your serving plate.
I lined our plates with the bean salsa mixture and then halved the egg rolls and placed them on top of the salsa for looks.
You can garnish the plate with cilantro if you choose.
Hope you enjoyed these Avocado egg rolls! I know we did!